Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 17 Sick

Did I mention that I have a cold, too? I didn't. Well, I've had  sore throat for around 3 days now, and it's gotten worse. You know when you're sick and you want nothing more than comfort food? Yeah. Me too. Sigh.

Yesterday I ventured into the eggs category for breakfast. I had scrambled eggs with green peppers, a little bit of jalapeño and banana peppers, organic herbs, and I had it with a bit of Frank's Red Hot sauce. That sauce only contains 'normal' ingredients. Dried chili peppers, onion flakes, garlic, vinegar, and salt. That's it. It's really not that bad. The bowl of eggs was a nice change, although I'm sure the Frank's played a big part in it.

I still wasn't feeling any better yesterday as you can imagine from my miserable post. My probiotics were not taken at the proper moments, so that may have attributed to it. It's easy to forget to take them with food! I think of them when I'm not eating. Ugh.

I finished the fresh strawberries for 'lunch'. That's all I ate. I was discouraged and didn't even want to eat.

For supper, I made myself another healthy stir fry of sorts. I started off by toasting soy beans in butter. That was sort of fun, because they pop a bit. For my ingredients this time, I used chicken, zucchini, a bit of leeks, collard greens, spinach, green peppers, and a bit of jalapeño and banana peppers. I also added almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds(the green ones). The stir fry was pretty good because I added a lot of organic herbs to give it more flavour, and some freshly ground pepper. To my plate I had a little bit of Frank's red...

Last night I started to feel really dizzy when it was time to make our Sat night snack. I was cutting up my avocados and nearly passed out. I really think that carb-lessness is not good for me. I don't have enough 'spare' energy, i.e fat. I think that it is more common for people with weight problems to have IBS, and so his suggestions also help them lose weight. It isn't good for me. Because I was about to pass out, my husband continued to make my guacamole for me, via my instructions while I sat at the table with water. He also fed me a few multigrain tostitos, which actually made me feel better. I had to cheat on that one, I was really not feeling well. I'm also taking Cold FX to combat this cold so that I won't feel like shit for my work trip next week.

I went to bed totally bloated again, and woke up the same this morning. I still wasn't feeling any better(still constipated), until after my large shake this morning. We'll see how the rest of this day goes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling crummy! Sometimes sinus pressure will make me feel woozy. Ack. I hope you feel better soon.

    Had to mention that my hubby eats Frank's on just about everything. :) Especially things I cook these days, because I have to eat so bland. :(

    ReplyDelete