Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 15 Overcooked fish

Breakfast: Smoothie with cranberries, strawberries, honeydew and watermelon. I'm still not tired of this smoothie, thank God. Otherwise, I'd have to cut up fruit and eat them. So little options on this damn Phase 1 of healing!

What has been annoying so far is the fact that I have to prepare food in the mornings. I am not a morning person, so this has made me a little late for work. Thankfully, no one seems to care, so long as I stay my whole 8 hours.(Or leave after everyone else does, which is typically the case, lol)

Yesterday's lunch followed all the rules, but one. I made myself a spinach salad with avocado, guacamole(the one I made- just a dollop), cucumbers, pecans, sunflower seeds, almond slices, and pumpkin seeds. The cheating part is where I added my favourite fig balsamic dressing, which contains sugar. I knew that I could have easily prepared myself a dressing without sugar, but, I wanted that flavour. So I shook it all up in a tupperware, and indulged. I made sure to have my probiotic.

After work I went to the mall to get my vitamins, then went to the gym. After warming up on the bike, I focused primarily on my upper body with three reps of each of the following: bench press with free weights(2 15 lbs), bicep curls (15 lbs again), dips on the machine(my weight minus 60lbs-whatever that is), and back pulls on the machine(45 lbs). I also did a bit of legwork, with leg curls on the machine (70 lbs), then hamstring curls on a large workout ball. It was an overall lazy-ish workout, because my friend and I were both hungry. No kidding what with salad for lunch.

For dinner, I'd marinated some rock sole in some balsamic, olive oil, and lemon juice. I pan-fried it. The package said to fry it for 2-3 minutes per side. Because it was dark from the balsamic, I couldn't really see if it was cooked. I didn't trust the package(I should have). I cooked it too long. It was definitely not the texture that I would have liked. Much too dry. On the side I fried up some zucchini in butter(salted shh). I also had some guacamole, and ate each bite of fish with it, since the fish was dry. I also had another probiotic, but didn't get around to opening up my vitamin powders. I felt unsatisfied from that dinner.

Later that evening, I finished my red pepper hummus. The one that's not really allowed, but that should be. I ate it alone. So weird the things you do when you're restricted. I didn't feel like cutting veggies to go with it, so I used a spoon  my finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment