Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 14 - 2 weeks, can you believe it?

Yesterday it really hit me that the food I was eating was extremely boring. I had a few pouting moments in the evening. Luckily my morning shakes are delicious, so at least I have one thing to look forward to every morning. It's not fun at all though.

So for breakfast yesterday, I made sure to take the time in the morning and shake it up, with cranberries, strawberries, honeydew and watermelon. It's actually a really delicious mix with plenty of flavour. I also took a probiotic.

I still cheated in that I still had a coffee at work. I took it black, but added a 'lil sugar. :I

You guys, I'm actually noticing the difference finally. Phew! There's light at the end of the tunel.

For lunch, I still had leftovers of my really leek-y mix. I was a little embarrassed heating it up in the microwave because it smells quite strongly, but no one seemed to notice. (phew). In the afternoon I snacked on a few seeds.

Doesn't that sound pathetic? Snacking on seeds? Lol.

For dinner, I'd forgotten to thaw the rock sole I wanted to have, so luckily I still had some leekiness. You know what I did to it? I cheated just a tiny bit. I still had some red pepper hummus, so after I heated it, I added a heaping spoonful of it, and mixed it all together. I'm sure that sounds disgusting to you, but it made a world of a difference. I'm a person who really loves flavour, so even though hummus is not necessarily recommended. There are NO additives to it, the only ingredients that are questionable are the chic peas(no mention of them in IBS book so I have no clue), and the salt. Oh, and who really knows what "natural smoke flavour is". I didn't care. It helped. I took another probiotic with dinner.

Later that night, I made some fresh guacamole. I chopped some onion, a small tomato, a bit of jalapeno(he didn't mention spicy peppers, just said I was allowed peppers, so I say some spicy ones can't hurt me). I mashed up my avocados, added my vegetables, oh, and some minced garlic, and lemon juice. I also cracked some pepper on that shit.
I ate my guacamole with a spoon. Not all of it, in fact I had some again today, and still have some left; but I didn't want any more bell peppers, so I ate guac with a spoon for a snack. Yum.

Oh yes. There was also another moment of weekness yesterday after work. My husband bought himself a box of mini gingerbread men with red sprinkles on them. They are tiny. I'm talking 5 cm by 2 cm, and are fairly hollow(cheap). I ate 1. I couldn't help it.

I was too lazy to go and buy my vitamins last night, but did so today. Will discuss tomorrow.

Good Night!
(sorry this is so late. Too busy playing LoL)

No comments:

Post a Comment