Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 7 Already 1 week of suffering

Wow, I can't believe I've made it a week already. That being said, I still have not felt any better. I've been constantly bloated. Not fun at all. I wonder if something in my bird seed mix causes bloating, because I've been eating a lot of that. It's quite tasty, actually.

Yesterday morning, was another too busy for anything but coffee and bird seeds once again.  I was pretty much munching on my bird food throughout the entire day, actually. No one seemed to mind while in our 3 1/2 hour meeting yesterday. Ugh.

Yesterday's lunch consisted of leftovers from my stir fry supper on Day 6. It's a great lunch, and I was happy to not have to leave the office to go and buy food again. I received a 'smells good!' comment too.

When I got home, I really didn't have a clue what to eat. Hadn't I planned anything? Oh right, I'd wanted to prepare Thai Chicken burgers, but the store didn't have any ground chicken available.

When in doubt? BACON.

I had a delicious pumpernickel BLAT again. BLAT = Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, and Tomatoes. The lettuce is actually bok choy and spinach, though. I really like bok choy. I also added S&P, PC's Chipotle dressing, and some Helman's Mayonaise.

The pumpernickel bread is quite thin, and not as large as your typical bread slice. At least this is the logic I used when convincing myself that at 9:30 PM I needed yet another BLAT.

SOOOO tasty!

The problem has been that every night when I try to sleep, I am super bloated. It has not been fun at all, and even with my typical IBS-C bloating bouts, this is unusual. The good thing out of this? I've been trying some deep breathing exercises to try and combat said bloating, which has actually been helping me fall asleep! I've had a full night's sleep every night so far since quitting cheese.

There better not be a correlation there people, or I'll be pissed.

I'm associating this more towards the fact that I've been breathing through my stomach. I haven't mentioned this here yet, but usually I'll get severe occurrences of insomnia every few weeks for a few nights straight. It's horrible, so I'm thankful for not having had to deal with that recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment